Xantrex Warranty Coverage
Xantrex Limited Warranties are provided by Xantrex Technology Inc. ("Xantrex") and cover defects in workmanship and materials.
Duration of a Xantrex Warranty Period
These warranties last for a Warranty Period that varies by product from the date of purchase at point of sale to you, the original end user customer.
Please contact Xantrex Customer Service for further details on specific products.
What Will Xantrex Do?
Xantrex will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product free of charge, provided that you notify Xantrex of the product defect within the Warranty Period for your product, and provided that Xantrex through inspection establishes the existence of such a defect and that it is covered by the Limited Warranty.
Xantrex will, at its option, use new and/or reconditioned parts in performing warranty repair and building replacement products. Xantrex reserves the right to use parts or products of original or improved design in the repair or replacement. If Xantrex repairs or replaces a product, its warranty continues for the remaining portion of the original Warranty Period or 90 days from the date of the return shipment to the customer, whichever is greater. All replaced products and all parts removed from repaired products become the property of Xantrex.
Xantrex covers both parts and labor necessary to repair the product, and return shipment to the customer via a Xantrex-selected non-expedited surface freight within the contiguous United States and Canada. Alaska and Hawaii are excluded. Contact Xantrex customer service for details on freight policy for return shipments outside of the contiguous United States and Canada.
International customers are responsible for paying freight charges (both inbound & return) for in-warranty replacement or repair.
If your product requires troubleshooting or warranty service, contact your merchant. If you are unable to contact your merchant, or the merchant is unable to provide service, contact Xantrex directly at the number listed on the website in the support section for your product.
Direct returns may be performed according to the Xantrex Return Material Authorization Policy described in your product manual. In any warranty claim, dated proof of purchase must accompany the product and the product must not have been disassembled or modified without prior written authorization by Xantrex.
Proof of purchase may be in any one of the following forms:
- The dated purchase receipt from the original purchase of the product at point of sale to the end user, or
- The dated dealer invoice or purchase receipt showing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) status, or
- The dated invoice or purchase receipt showing the product exchanged under warranty
What Do Xantrex Warranties Not Cover?
Xantrex Limited Warranties do not cover normal wear and tear of the product or costs related to the removal, installation, or troubleshooting of the customer's electrical systems. These warranties do not apply to and Xantrex will not be responsible for any defect in or damage to:
- the product if it has been misused, neglected, improperly installed, physically damaged or altered, either internally or externally, or damaged from improper use or use in an unsuitable environment;
- the product if it has been subjected to fire, water, generalized corrosion, biological infestations, or input voltage that creates operating conditions beyond the maximum or minimum limits listed in the Xantrex product specifications including high input voltage from generators and lightning strikes;
- the product if repairs have been done to it other than by Xantrex or its authorized service centers (hereafter "ASCs");
- the product if it is used as a component part of a product expressly warranted by another manufacturer;
- the product if its original identification (trade-mark, serial number) markings have been defaced, altered, or removed.
XANTREX LIMITED WARRANTIES ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY XANTREX IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR XANTREX PRODUCT AND ARE, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT, HOWEVER ARISING (WHETHER BY CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRINCIPLES OF MANUFACTURER'S LIABILITY, OPERATION OF LAW, CONDUCT, STATEMENT OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO APPLY TO THE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD STIPULATED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
IN NO EVENT WILL XANTREX BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES HOWEVER ARISING WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION ANY ECONOMIC LOSSES OF ANY KIND, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF MISUSE OR ABUSE, OR THE INCORRECT INSTALLATION, INTEGRATION OR OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT.
Exclusions of the Policy
If your product is a consumer product, federal law does not allow an exclusion of implied warranties. To the extent you are entitled to implied warranties under federal law, to the extent permitted by applicable law they are limited to the duration of this Limited Warranty. Some states and provinces do not allow limitations or exclusions on implied warranties or on the duration of an implied warranty or on the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation(s) or exclusion(s) may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which may vary from state to state or province to province.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AGREED TO BY IT IN WRITING, XANTREX
- MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, SUFFICIENCY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY TECHNICAL OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED IN MANUALS OR OTHER DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED BY IT IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT; AND
- ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES, WHETHER SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, WHICH MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
THE USE OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION WILL BE ENTIRELY AT THE USER'S RISK.
WARNING: LIMITATIONS ON USE
Please refer to your product user manual for limitations on uses of the product. Specifically, please note that Xantrex products are not intended for use in connection with life support systems and Xantrex makes no warranty or representation in connection with any use of the product for such purposes.